The Power of Social Media as a Marketing Tool for Service Professionals
Social media is one of the biggest influencers on the Internet today. It is the modern way to connect with friends, family, and business associates. As information can be shared and absorbed in seconds, social media is a powerful tool for staying in touch with your clients and prospects at all times. The major social media players are Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
One of the main issues service professionals face is that they don’t have to time to continuously cultivate and share informational content on their social media sites. That’s where FMG Suite comes in. We provide automated social media posts and curate engaging content to inform your clients of the latest trends in finance and insurance, or information about your firm.
Social media provides service professionals a great opportunity to connect with and engage clients and prospects. By sharing content on a consistent basis, you have the opportunity to maintain a continuous conversation and establish your expertise and knowledge.
Here are just 9 statistics that show just how much influence social media wields:
- 53% of Americans who follow brands on social media are more loyal to those brands. (Entrepreneur)
- 59% of online adults over the age of 65 use Facebook. (Lyft Marketing)
- 90% of marketers indicate that their social media efforts have generated more exposure for their businesses. (INC)
- About 43% of advisors report a return on investment from their social media use. (Investment News)
- 74% of marketers who spend 40-plus hours on social media earn new business through their efforts. (Salesforce)
- 45% of mass affluent investors consider Facebook a source for investment and financial needs, while 42% would go first to LinkedIn. (Millionaire Corner)
- More than 60% of those who prospected on LinkedIn successfully gained new clients as a result, with nearly a third of these generating $1 million or more in assets under management. (LinkedIn)
- 45% of online US adults who have a Twitter account are interested in interacting with financial services firms via Twitter. (Social Media Governance)
- 63% of mass affluent consumers take action after using social media to learn about financial products and services. (ThinkAdvisor)
Social media is a goldmine for service professionals to connect with new prospects, maintain strong relationships with clients, and encourage referrals. The key to generating leads on social media is being consistent. The strongest social media content is a balance of evergreen, educational content and timely, firm-focused content, such as event announcements, firm updates, or current news stories. At FMG Suite, we help you with the first half of your posting, providing you educational and engaging evergreen content that never goes stale. Through our automated platform, you can schedule posts to automatically post up to 7 times a week. We’ll help you cut back on the time you have to spend on social media while still allowing you to reap the rewards.