In this webinar, Chief Evangelist, Samantha Russell and Chief Marketing & Experience Officer, Susan Theder are joined by former MLB player turned successful financial advisor Kevin Thompson, Founder & CEO of 9I Capital Group.
- Kevin’s journey from being a pro baseball player to launching his own RIA
- His best marketing ideas that have, and continue to, play a big role in his success
- Insights from Kevin’s book “MLB to CFP®,” including tips for advisors looking to take their practice to the next level-and more.
Short on time or just want the main points?
Here is your summary to skip ahead or scan through below.
Kevin’s Journey from professional baseball player to RIA [5:07]
- Kevin was drafted and 5 years later, he was involved in a Ponzi Scheme. After that, he managed his own money, got his business degree and decided to become an advisor to help others avoid this.
- He wrote a book MLB to CFP®, to be able to provide tangible help to his audience
- He founded 9I Capital Group with the mission to educate individuals, empower families, and engage small business owners in creating positive long-term financial habits.
The importance of consistent client communications [14:07]
- “Remember that you will never lose a client by over-communicating.” - Kevin’s key takeaway for webinar participants and his philosophy for committing to a consistent client communication strategy.
- Kevin’s typical content creation plan involves sending a weekly market update on Monday, a podcast on Tuesday and saving time for blogging and other content creation.
Kevin’s social media and content strategy [34:38]
- LinkedIn has been a great resource to find guests for his podcast.
- His YouTube channel is a place where he can showcase his expertise. It has helped him with referrals as current clients can direct their connections to his channel.
- He loves that you can easily share timely content with the FMG Mobile App on all social platforms.
Repurposing your content [48:50]
- When it comes to content creation, Kevin said repurposing is key. You can turn a great conversation into an email, you can get several social posts from a blog, a podcast can be added to your YouTube channel and so on!